Day 73

Quick update from last night, we added an inline chain tensioner to the arm. This makes adjusting the tension of the chain super easy.

Next we replaced the top sprocket on the chain stage that was looking pretty rough. The sprocket teeth started to look like shark fins. One of our through bore encoders that we are using in absolute position mode on the second joint is giving us slight troubles. It seemly lost it’s zero last and we had to re-calibrate the second arm’s joint.

To end the night we found a missing tooth and more shark fins on the bottom smaller sprocket on the second stage of the arm. We are hoping that a lot of this wear was from when the chain was loose and skipping. The arm has about 8 hours of run time on it, so worst case for now the sprocket might end up being a consumable for our next event.






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: