• Day 49

    Its been a busy past few days. The arm movement speed was increased on both joints, its at a good spot right now. But faster is always better? If we get really good at cycling and lining up in the next few days we might try to increase the speed of the arm again. Right…

    Read more

  • Day 47

    The gearbox for the arm was reinforced by adding doubling the number of standoffs by the choochoo wheel. This made the gearbox super rigid and it doesn’t flex when the arm extends any more. That’s the short term fix to buy us more testing and driving time until the real fix is manufactured. The real…

    Read more

  • Day 46

    On the programming side of things we switched the arm over to a profiled PID controllers. The has made the arm move significantly smoother. We still have to spend more time increasing the speed and tuning PID values. The base joint movement is the slow part of the process right now and eventually we can…

    Read more

  • Day 45

    The buddy carry is slowly getting assembled. We’ve been finding a small thing wrong, releasing a fix and finding the next thing to fix. The 40 upgraded metal cam plates all got cut tonight and just need to be de burred. During assembly we found out the 3D printed mount for the gas shock wasn’t…

    Read more

  • Day 42

    With the majority of the parts manufactured the team started assembling the arm on the competition robot. The few missing parts were quickly turned out and the arm was completely assembled. We didn’t run into any problems during assembly which is great. After assembly the first thing we did was head over to the scale,…

    Read more

  • Day 40

    Our manufacturing sub team has been blazing through the parts to make. They ended the day with 7 unique parts left to make. Two router parts, one mill part, and four lathe parts. Of the lathe parts two of them were missed on the initial release and just got Trello cards created at the end…

    Read more

  • Day 39

    Short update today, parts are continuing to be made. Three lathe parts and two router parts were finished yesterday. This leaves 6 router parts, 8 lathe parts and 1 mill part. Assembly started and mostly finished on the arm’s winch gear box today. The only missing piece is the 3D printed spool, we expect to…

    Read more

  • Day 38

    Manufacturing At the end of the day on Saturday there were 72 different parts released to manufacturing to make. We had an optional meeting Sunday, before the start of today’s meeting we had already completed 32 of the parts. A large portion of the completed parts were 3D printed, laser cut, or router parts. Currently…

    Read more

  • Day 36

    Today was an optional meeting. So we did the most productive thing we could think of. We put LEDs on the charge station! We put one strip on each side. Great use of time. Next we decided to double check the angles of the charge station in all of its positions. We are within half…

    Read more

  • Day 35, Ready to Charge Up

    Charge Station It is finally done! Phew, that was a lot of work. It took double my initial estimated number of weeks. We learned a ton of stuff along the way and got to put our new fiber laser to use. It was our team’s first big project made out of bent metal. The charge…

    Read more